Ayani is committed to enhancing local capacity and has a strong reputation for effective training and capacity building. For over a decade, Ayani has:
- designed and facilitated technical trainings and training-of-trainers (TOTs) for financial service providers
- provided hands-on coaching to senior directors of funds and financial institutions, and
- equipped local organizations to enhance the skills and ultimately the livelihoods of micro, small and medium entrepreneurs (MSMEs).
Ayani emphasizes collaboration with local stakeholders to design, manage and monitor solutions, with the goal of ensuring local relevance, feasibility, buy-in, uptake, impact and long-term sustainability. We support our clients with:
- Training needs assessment
- Design of training program
- Facilitation of classroom training
- On-the-job coaching and mentoring
- Embedded Resident Technical Advisor
- Transfer of skills and know-how
- Financial literacy
- Financial management for MSMEs
- Business management services for MSMEs
The COVID-19 crisis will have an impact on micro, small and medium enterprises in Africa, as well as on the financial institutions that serve them.
With the goal of sharing knowledge from our relevant experience in fragile states, including during the Ebola crisis in Sierra Leone, the Ayani team has assembled a set of lessons learned and practical crisis response solutions for inclusive finance stakeholders.
Learn more about Ayani's work in this area: