Digital Financial Services & Branchless Banking
Ayani offers experience with digital financial services (DFS), mobile banking, agent networks and related technology, partnerships, research, assessment, implementation and evaluation.
Some of our recent projects in this area include:
- Assessing the business case to better serve female farmers through digital financial and non-financial services in three African countries;
- Seconding a Finance Manager to a pioneering electronic payments company operating for a period of one year. By the end of the project, the client was on track to serve 100,000 card users through 1,800 access points;
- Assessing the mechanisms to facilitate funds’ transfers by traders working across West African countries and currencies;
- Assisting a central bank with the implementation of branchless banking services in rural areas;
- Designing a mobile money rural savings product for groups and individuals, and providing technical support to financial institutions, agents and end users to deliver the products;
- Supporting a leading MFI to develop a business plan to offer a mobile money transfer service in collaboration with Airtel Money.